Cerita dari Zlin, Republik Ceko - Tomorrow is not Zlin anymore.

May 17, 2016

So here I am. Sitting on my chair while enjoying my last night in Zlin.
On my last post I wrote that the hardest thing is when I dreamed to go home. But, this time I have to change it. The hardest thing is when you have another home away from your home and you have to go back to your home and you are confuse now. When you are already get used to everything here but now you have to leave...this is how it's simplified.

I'm trying to cheer myself up by saying that I'm going to live my 'real' life again. Being an exchange student is hard. You've got to have a 'temporary' life in another strange place at first. Meeting a lot of new people, being comfortable with them and then you have to leave. That's hard, right!!?

Last night I was having a pillow talk with my room-mate, Puput. She is also Indonesian who already stayed in Zlin for 2 years. It must be hard for her once someone ask her to go home, yes it is, she told me last night. Hahaha... sorry Puput.


Having a new comfort zone is very difficult. Even more difficult when you have to step out of your comfort zone. (again)

Since the first time I decided to go for exchange in Zlin, I asked myself, "Is this the worst or the best decision?".

Well, I have to tell you that It's worst because it gives me such a terrible weird feeling afterwards ( Like what I feel by the time I'm writing this ) . Terrible feeling to leave all of my friends, teachers, habits, favourite places, etc. You have to move out from the place which you called it 'home'.

Nevertheless I have to tell you too that this is also the best decision I've ever made in my life. Decision to push myself out of my comfort zone. To step out of my circle or maybe expanding my circle.

I met a lot of different people from around the world. I get to know their cultures better. It even breaks all of the stereotypes that I have in my mind all this time. I'm so thankful now. I'm so thankful to know all of you! ( for my friends from this semester who is reading this now ) You guys added spices to my life :)

Yeah... My life in Zlin is going to be ended by this night... I guess (?) Tomorrow I will leave for travelling to other parts of Europe and go home.

I will certainly miss Zlin. It's not only about the energy from this place which going to make me miss it. It's also the people who make this place become even more vivid, like all the bricks in Zlin! Hahaha

Last but not least,
I can't wait to go home and see my family. This experience makes me realize how I love them.




AHOJ!
NASCHLEDANOU!





















You Might Also Like

0 comments